Friday, August 04, 2006

Anybody Home www.census.gov/ ?

For the past several months I have had no success accessing the Unites States government census website. http://www.census.gov/

I understand they are making changes to it. I understand they may have excessive traffic that cannot be handled properly. I think they should be more reliable that what they currently are.

I wanted to check any metrics that might have changed during the past two years that they may want to have published recently.

They had a real-time population estimate for the country and I wanted to see today's estimated population. I had to use their formula to calculate when the population of the United States would reach 300 million and 400 million people and I wanted to make sure I was using their most recent variables.

There has been a lot in the press that our borders are becoming secure and I wanted to see if there was any quantification from the census bureau to see if it was true. On TV we see more fence being constructed, we see more volunteers that are watching the border, we see additional border patrol personnel graduating from training, and more recently we see the National Guard on the border. Do we have any metrics on the success or failure of these improvements. Or is this all window dressing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home